Theft of cell phones is, unfortunately, very common in World – in the state of USA, for example, 13 cell phones are stolen per hour , according to data from the Public Security Secretariat released by Folha de São Paulo. If you have been a victim of this practice, we sympathize and are here to help you at least recover your lost photos. In this post from this web, we explain how to recover photos from a stolen phone.
How to recover photos from stolen phone
Photos are the image records of the moments we live, so it is natural that we want to preserve them. But how to recover photos from a stolen phone? There are several means that make access to these photographs possible, most of them involving some cloud or backup systems, such as Google Photos.
Understand, below, how to recover photos from the stolen phone in different ways:
How to recover photos from Google’s stolen phone
If your stolen phone was an Android system, it is quite possible that the photos you took were automatically saved in Google Photos, a backup tool – that is, that keeps the photos safe in the cloud. Here’s how to access Google Photos:
- Go to the Google Photos website;
- Click on “Access Google Photos”;
- Enter your Gmail email address and password (this is one of the ways to recover photos from a phone stolen by Gmail );
- Ready! If your phone is set up for backup, you may find all the photos you took until your device was stolen there.
Tip: always check if your phone is backing up to Google Photos, this way you guarantee that they will be safe and that you will not lose them in case of loss, damage or theft. If possible, save the most important ones (like those from a trip, for example) in more than one place!
How to recover photos from phone stolen by Gmail
If you have a Gmail email, you may have uploaded some photos to Google Drive, the Google accounts storage system. To access Google Drive and see if there are any photos of your stolen phone there, check out the instructions below:
- Having already signed in to Gmail, visit the drive.google.com portal ;
- You will have access to the “My Drive” panel;
- There, look for pictures from your old cell phone. Backup to Google Drive is usually not automatic, but you can try it! You can find photos that you have saved.
How to recover photos from stolen iPhone
The iPhone has its own backup system, which is iCloud, specially developed for users of devices with the iOS system. It is iCloud that you must access to access your photos. Check out:
- Access the iCloud website and login with your Apple ID;
- Choose the item “Photos”;
- Ready! You were able to recover the photos from your stolen phone.
Attention: the tips above apply to photos of lost cell phones and also how to recover photos from another broken cell phone.
Is it possible to recover photos by the chip?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to retrieve photos from your phone via the chip – at most, you can recover contacts. This is because this type of information (photos) is retained in the phone’s memory and / or in the backup cloud, never on the phone’s chip.